Monday, 30 December 2019

Lately



Hey there, Strawberry.
Haven't seen you in a while;
haven't heard your voice all this time.


Lately, I spend my days waiting,
for the night to crawl over
So I may slip,
into the temporary oblivion
that it brings.


Lately, I wonder.
What really happened, what transpired
'cause it happened fast.
I couldn't hold you a bit longer, 
I couldn't catch a last glimpse,
the last time when we met.
I see you in my sleep,
I see you during the day
while my heart struggles, 
keeping certain thoughts at bay.


Lately, my love
I haven't been doing very well.
As far as my heart can tell,
thoughts of regret, and an incredible sadness
fills the void,
that is my life, without you in it.


A heart, heavy with grief,
heavier than the heaviest stone
waits for you.
Come back,
come back to me.
You're the light of my life,
in your absence,
there's nothing but strife
Nothing but strife...

No comments:

Post a Comment