Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Why Do I?

Why Do I?

Why do I adore the serenity of the moon?
I’ve remained sleepless for nights.
The eventual outbreak of the dawn,
The depth of your ever mysterious eyes,
Better than all the blossoms of the spring,
Your voice, mellifluous: sweeter than the songs birds sing.
The foudroyant curve of your lips, hand drawn,
The eternally beautiful and splendid hair,
I see the green trees waving in the depth of noon.
Night brings your dreams and my lone heart its tears;
The silence and longing weep themselves to rest
Each on the other's mild and maiden breast;
My eyes seek you in the depth of the night
The distance and anonymity hinder with all their might.
I remain sleepless for hours;
Listening to the deafening silence with open ears,
And soon, deep as your concupiscible eyes, the dawn appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment